Monday, November 7, 2011

Endless Fertilizer For Green Garden

Having chickens in your backyard can be smelly business.  I use a lot of straw to keep clean up easier and also keeps the hens cleaner which in turn keeps the eggs clean.  I have a large yard so I started a pile of straw and pooh.  I clean the hen house and yard once a week.  As the summer progressed and my vegetable garden came to harvest I placed the straw pooh on my garden.  I've been told its great fertilizer. I'm going to mix some of what I collect this winter into my flower pots before I plant this spring. Here in Wenatchee we have a hotel which uses chicken manure in there flower pots. Wow the flowers are amazing and gardener has gotten recognition multiple times for his display. I have a question about my adventure thru the winter with our hen. Do chickens get cold? 

No comments:

Post a Comment